mmm, carbon
    Jan 2004

My new Rohloffed Kona Cowan DS

On MTBR hiatus :(
    So nice. I've got to do a tensionerless fully for mine. That looks great!

I especially like your homemade Monkey Bone.

Creative use of cable ties. Very crafty!

So... you say that hub is red, eh?
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

ups and downs
    Nicely done. If Kona was paying attention to the popularity of their concentric BB FS frames with Rohloff users they'd just go ahead and provide a Rohloff ready dropout for the left side.

You can buy a pair of Misfit sliding dropouts that should directly replace the Kona dropouts (but without the tensioning bolt) and they are Rohloff ready (and the slider is black).

mmm, carbon
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    Creative use of cable ties. Very crafty!
    I'm using these cable guides. You can squeeze two cables and a strip of rubber into them which are then secured with a zip tie. The backs are adhesive but not enough to hold them in place where there are forces trying to pull them off (e.g. suspension pivot), so the extra ties around the stays and downtube make it more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    So... you say that hub is red, eh?
    Red, with extra mud. Not sure what you're getting at, to be honest .

Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    You can buy a pair of Misfit sliding dropouts that should directly replace the Kona dropouts (but without the tensioning bolt) and they are Rohloff ready (and the slider is black).
    Yeah, I might do that in future, but it wouldn't really make a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things. I suppose it would make locating the wheel a bit easier. In any case, I'd be more inclined to just manufacture my own as I rather like the tensioning bolt on the drive side and shipping bits from the states gets really expensive really quick (I'm in the UK).

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo
    Yeah, I might do that in future, but it wouldn't really make a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things. I suppose it would make locating the wheel a bit easier. In any case, I'd be more inclined to just manufacture my own as I rather like the tensioning bolt on the drive side and shipping bits from the states gets really expensive really quick (I'm in the UK).
    MIsfit Psycles is in the colonies, they're in Canada.