Thread: Mrp g3?

Paste eater

Mrp g3?

Where can I buy this sucker? ISG 05. Mini, not mega.

Paste eater
    Never mind. On their site. WOnder if I can can just drive over there and but one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I got mine from ebikestop.com. Super cheap for a brand new, just-released component - it was around 106 or something like that. I've got 30 or 40 miles on it. So far so good. Quiet, doesn't rub on either the inside or the outside of the cage in the extremes of the cassette, and I really like the design.
    Last edited by jcolletteiii; 01-16-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolletteiii View Post
    I got mine from ebikestop.com. Super cheap for a brand new, just-released component - it was around 106 or something like that. I've got 30 or 40 miles on it. So far so good. Quiet, doesn't rub on either the inside or the outside of the cage in the extremes of the cassette, and I really like the design.
    You using the pulley wheel or the skid thingy?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The pulley wheel. I gather that the skid thingy is for muddy or wet conditions. I don't think I'll ever use it - it just seems a bit weird to have your chain constantly rubbing up and over a piece of hard plastic. Doesn't seem like it would be all that great for the chain (or the little piece of plastic). I was really pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is. I had had a BBG bashwich setup, but once the front bash gets a tiny bit out of true, it is a chore to try and straiten it. Really happy with the G3 so far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I checked ebikestop.com earlier - look like they're out of stock at the moment on all ISCG 05's at that price :-(

Paste eater
    Dam it, they are all sold out too! Screaming deal tho.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolletteiii View Post
    The pulley wheel. I gather that the skid thingy is for muddy or wet conditions. I don't think I'll ever use it - it just seems a bit weird to have your chain constantly rubbing up and over a piece of hard plastic. Doesn't seem like it would be all that great for the chain (or the little piece of plastic). I was really pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is. I had had a BBG bashwich setup, but once the front bash gets a tiny bit out of true, it is a chore to try and straiten it. Really happy with the G3 so far.
    It's no big deal at all. Been using a Strailine Silent guide off and on with a couple different bikes - the lower slider/guide bit is quiet, and seems to be lasting well. Smooth, feels less draggy to me than the pulley wheels, and has no moving parts.

Caveat: no idea what material MRP is using, but would assume it's something that can take the wear.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper