Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

MRP Announces Sram Direct Mount Chain Rings (Spiderless) w/ Chainline off-set!

YES! No more waiting forever and dealing with Homebrewed components crappy customer service! MRP announced the other day via Facebook they are releasing direct mount Sram chain rings with a chainline offset so they work well with chain guides in 1x applications.

Here is the quote "STILL HOT FROM MACHINES! Our chainguide-friendly 28, 30, and 32t direct-mount chainrings for SRAM cranks are ready for final finish work! Available mid-April! 28t pictured."

they also said bigger rings (34,36, etc) will be available by summer.

cant wait to order a 32T and maybe a 30T for mountain climbs...

mtbr member
    Looking forward to trying these. Waiting to get one as soon as they are available. Already have my Micro guide on its way from MRP.

mtbr member
    thanks for this info. i've been wanting to go spiderless but didn't want to have to deal with homebrewed again.

tkj
    local genius
    Jan 2012
    I want one now. I still like the looks of the HBC one better, but 3-4 months is too long to wait!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tkj View Post
    I want one now. I still like the looks of the HBC one better, but 3-4 months is too long to wait!
    the chain line off-set is also a big deal.. I have a HBC ring and the ring is way to far over.

tkj
    local genius
    Jan 2012
    What do you mean by "way too far over?" What is the chainline for the HBC spiderless ring on a Sram crank? MRP says they are making the offset better for chainguides. What is the offset and final chainline?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    on the HBC ring, it is flush against the crank making it even farther over than a third ring on a triple setup. the MRP is offset to make it lineup like a middle ring on a triple, which makes the chain run much straighter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So that facebook not from MRP is a couple weeks old. Anybody see an available date?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    So that facebook not from MRP is a couple weeks old. Anybody see an available date?
    "MRP : ‎Art, we'll post it up here as soon as we're comfortable taking orders. Should be early April, the ship-date target is immediately following the Sea Otter Classic - so, Monday April 23."

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    "MRP : ‎Art, we'll post it up here as soon as we're comfortable taking orders. Should be early April, the ship-date target is immediately following the Sea Otter Classic - so, Monday April 23."
    Thanks. I remember seeing this, but now early April is on its way out, so I was hoping for a more recent update. As we all know "target dates" are, well, "target dates".

I'm impatient because I want to order ahead of availability because demand often outstrips supply on these first run items.

mtbr member
    According to my LBS, MRP's Micro (28-32T) is already available. I just had them order me one. I'll be getting this in anticipation of their spiderless rings.

I've been running an HBC set-up 1x10 (without a guide) for some time now without too much issue. Because of the lack of inboard offsetting, I do find that the chain will drop down the cassette while backpedaling most times. Not too bad though. And i love the machining on the HBC rings. Great stuff! I'm just hoping that the MRP set-up will just make things all nice and tidy and allow the use of a proper guide.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    All they say is chainguide friendly. I don't see anything about them being offset to maintain chainline? I'm assuming the rings are going to be dished toward the middle ring? What am I not seeing here?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote from the MRP FaceBook page - "Exactly Jim! Our ring is offset inboard, giving you the same chain-line as a chainring mounted in the middle position of a triple crank."

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ahhh great news! And I was just sitting there in bike room "the situation room" wondering how the hell my Bontrager Carbon Spiderless crank was going to run a good chainline with my HBC 30T

I asked if they'll have anodized gold...I'll post back later when they respond!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    From Technical Service Rep:

The direct mount rings are made for a 51mm chain line, so it is the optimum for chain guides. There will be a 28, 30 and 32 to start. No color options only a gun metal grey anno.

mtbr member
    Subbed for updates! Any pricing?

mtbr member
    Just picked up my MRP Micro G2 SL chainguide today. Nice! Waiting on those MRP rings!

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Do you know if it will be availaable for Hollowgram cranksets in a 36T ?
    Last edited by torque29er; 04-19-2012 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just saw all of these in person yesterday at MRP. Did a factory walk through...-and Wow. What a operation they have going on there. Big props to the old saying Made in the USA. With pride!!
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

Huffy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    Just picked up my MRP Micro G2 SL chainguide today. Nice! Waiting on those MRP rings!
    So this micro G2 SL is rated 28t-32t? How much was it? How did you order it?

Brenda

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Any updates on availability? You would think that MRP's website would at least have a teaser but other than MTBR I can't seem to come with any info on the new rings

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I emailed MRP and got this response within 30 minutes!!!! (impressive)

I have happy news.....they should be available in early May 2012. It will be posted as soon as they are released.

Have a fabulous day!

Billie Uriguen
    Customer Service

580 N Westgate Dr
    Grand Junction, CO 81505

970-241-3518
    970-241-3529 fax

mtbr member
    Can you order direct from them or will we have to wait longer to actually order?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    So this micro G2 SL is rated 28t-32t? How much was it? How did you order it?

Brenda
    I had my LBS order one directly from MRP.

And I also sent an email recently to MRP and was told May availability for the spiderless chainrings as well.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    Can you order direct from them or will we have to wait longer to actually order?
    Yes you can but you may be able to get a better price 3rd party like LBS and such

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast