Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009

Middleburn RS8 X-type BB cranks?

Has anyone got their mitts on a set? What do you think of them? I see them for sale at various UK distributers but haven't seen a detailed review yet. I messaged them a few days ago with a few pointed questions but still haven't heard back from them. Does anyone have inside information on whether or not they'll have different spider options available like the current RS8 cranks? I want a 94bcd spider and currently I've only seen a 104bcd, 4 bolt spider option. If/when I hear back from them and get some answers, I'll give you guys an update

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi,
    I've got a set of the cranks - they're great. very light and stiff - I've been using them for the last couple of months with a Hope BB and they're excellent - better than my old RS7 and ISIS BB set up.
    Middleburn do a nice job but I've been waiting 3 years for these cranks so although Matt at middleburn did say that new spiders are on the way the only one currently available is the standard 3 ring 4 bolt spider - not sure of it's BCD. 175mm and 170mm Cranks are available. Matt did say that they're planning to offer their full range of uno, duo etc spiders.

The cranks are very nice though!! :-)

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the reply. I messaged Middleburn directly the day I started this topic and you responded before they did They're still at the top of my list but I'm going to wait until the new spider options come out before I buy a set.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Keep emailing Matt - he does get back to you eventually - I think they've had a lot of interest in the cranks and I think there's only a few of them in the compnay!

When it came to sorting my cranks out though Matt was great over the phone sorting things - might be worth giving him a call if you're in the UK?

Let me know if there's any info Ican help with

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I'm in the US so phone calls aren't going to work. I bought a set of KCNC 94bcd 2x9 cranks so we'll see how those work. I will probably end up with Middleburns this offseason once they go more mainstream if the KCNCs aren't up to par