mtbr member

Micro Guide & Middleburn RS7's

I just can't seem to get these two to work together. With the largest spacer's installed, the crank arms will rub up hard against both the top and bottom guide. Remove the spacers and having the guide mounted flush I'll loose the chain line and the ring comes up hard against the inner top guide. Adding a combination of the provided smaller spacers just won't give the fine line needed for the arms not to rub and the correct chain line.

The cranks are 165mm RS7's, the ring is also a Middleburn 32t. The only thing I think might help the situation is a ring that is not as dished as the I have, or being able to space the ring a couple of mm's in.

Is anyone else had success with this combo? Whats your thought's?
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Bump.

The crank set is up for grabs, though if a solution was to surface I could keep 'em before the set is sold....Such a good looking piece of machinery.

mtbr member
    why not use smaller spacers.

mtbr member
    or different chain rings

mtbr member
    I've tried everything. The real problem remains that if it was to work, it would only work in the 32t mode. When guides are to be adjusted to the 28t mode, which is that I want, both the top and bottom guide would definitely clash, because of the RS7'S design.

I spoke to someone who has tried a 28t HBC & RS7 combo, and apparently the HBC sits out even further than the standard Middleburn 32t. I would really like to try it for myself but I've been playing the waiting game for a HBC 28t to bloody long. Partially the reason for selling.

In the pic you can see the RS7's profile conflicts with the jockey guide. This guide is in the 32t position, with the correct chain line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Micro Guide & Middleburn RS7's-img_0701.jpg  

Last edited by bigcrs; 07-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.