mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Magura Marta/XT rapidfire or XTR Dual Contol w/Discs?

If weight and performance were of equal consideration, which setup would you choose? I am building up a fairly lightweight 4" trailbike (front and rear) and I am planning out the drivetrain. Magura Marta's for brakes and XT rapidfire shifters? Or, XTR Dual Control shifters/disc calipers? The Marta setup is probably about 120-150 grams lighter, so that is a plus. I really like the feel of the Martas (I had them on a Scalpel last year). On the other hand, the XTR Dual Control is very nice to operate, and I am assuming the discs are good quality, but I haven't ridden them much. If weight and performance were of equal consideration, what would you choose?

thats my red stapler
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgcatching
    If weight and performance were of equal consideration, which setup would you choose? I am building up a fairly lightweight 4" trailbike (front and rear) and I am planning out the drivetrain. Magura Marta's for brakes and XT rapidfire shifters? Or, XTR Dual Control shifters/disc calipers? The Marta setup is probably about 120-150 grams lighter, so that is a plus. I really like the feel of the Martas (I had them on a Scalpel last year). On the other hand, the XTR Dual Control is very nice to operate, and I am assuming the discs are good quality, but I haven't ridden them much. If weight and performance were of equal consideration, what would you choose?
    I went with the individual pieces. less costly if something breaks ...and if you are looking for newer technology you should think about the new sram triggers

here