mtbr member

LX or XT crankset

I am thinking of upgrading my LX crankset to XT but i don't think there is much of a difference in performance. I tried both and nothing seems to stand out about XT except for the weight which I hardly feel a difference. Money is an issue but will getting XT crankset really make a huge difference in shifting performance?? I alreadly have an XT cassette, XTR chain, XT rear derail, and LX front derail. Thanks for the info.

paul
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdm362
    I am thinking of upgrading my LX crankset to XT but i don't think there is much of a difference in performance. I tried both and nothing seems to stand out about XT except for the weight which I hardly feel a difference. Money is an issue but will getting XT crankset really make a huge difference in shifting performance?? I alreadly have an XT cassette, XTR chain, XT rear derail, and LX front derail. Thanks for the info.

paul
    shifting performance will be the same IMHO. the outer ring on the xt is a better grade of alu. weight difference isn't enough to justify higher cost (alu chainring bolts & granny, etc makes up difference). I dunno about '08 xt though.
    I like the deore level middle steel chainring for longevity & best bang for the buck, if the available teeth # suits yer needs.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Certified Bike Junkie
    the only diff is 30 grams not worth it at all get the lx

local trails rider
    Besides, I like the look of the current LX. Mine is on a single speed, using a Deore steel chainring.

LX is the best value for money in cranks.