mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Looking for a rollamajig

Anyone remember those? I'd like to by one or two without paying the $30 plus shipping they're listed for on ebay.

Does anyone have an old one in their spare parts bin I could get from you? PM me please.

What could go wrong ...
    I might have one laying around I will let you know
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Former Bike Wrench
    what are you offering? trade for something? I have a first generation one complete with the nipple...PM me if interested

Picture Unrelated
    They're horrible and gone for a reason. But you know, here's a chance at finding some:

avid rollamajig | eBay
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    They're horrible and gone for a reason.
    Yeah right

I love mine and it has never failed me. Works perfect and I hate leaving a large loop for it to catch on branches, made my shifting smoothing. The one in picture has been in service for 5 years.

Most people just run a cable loop and most newer RD change the point where the cable joins, thus making a rollamajig useless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for a rollamajig-rolla-rd.jpg  

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveOn View Post
    Yeah right

I love mine and it has never failed me. Works perfect and I hate leaving a large loop for it to catch on branches, made my shifting smoothing. The one in picture has been in service for 5 years.

Most people just run a cable loop and most newer RD change the point where the cable joins, thus making a rollamajig useless.
    Have to disagree. There wasn't a single bike that I worked on that removing the Rollamajig didn't improve the function of. Can't argue with removing the cable loop, but how often is the loop the reason you snagged something?
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Have to disagree. There wasn't a single bike that I worked on that removing the Rollamajig didn't improve the function of. Can't argue with removing the cable loop, but how often is the loop the reason you snagged something?
    I have to agree with RaveOn.. If i was going to use a Shimano RD again It would have one on it... they worked great every time I used one.. just went Sram and got rid of the whole issue but they did work and worked very well.

And I have and seen the loop caught, and recently it tore the whole derailleur apart and snapped the hanger.. Had the guy go Sram after that
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    These little buggers are making a comeback. Your the 4th person this month asking about these.
    I had a dozen of these kicking around at my shop, and we ended up throwing them all away because nobody wanted them anymore

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Yup, IME they caused more issues than they solved. Tight bends in a cable, even over a pulley, are evil. Gummed/mucked up easily, too.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common