Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Missing
    May 2007

Looking for 88 BCD single ring for 1 x 10 conversion

Holy moly are these hard to come by. I have a XTR M985 crankset I am converting to 1 x 10. I need a single 88 BCD chain ring for this and have not been able to find any thing other then homebrew. Any leads on where else to get a ring ? I do not want to wait a month + for a chain ring.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    How big a ring are you looking for? Blackspire makes one that's 38t which might work. Blackspire SuperPro Chainring - Shimano XTR FC-M985 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

I've been using a 38t on my 29er with a 11-36 cassett for racing and it's been great. But It's kind of flat where I live.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    The reason we (MRP) don't make chainrings for the 88BCD is a 1x10 conversion on a 2x10 crank won't yield a very nice chainline - at least not for using chainguide.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

1up
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    The reason we (MRP) don't make chainrings for the 88BCD is a 1x10 conversion on a 2x10 crank won't yield a very nice chainline - at least not for using chainguide.
    ETA on the MRP Bling Rings? Seems to be sold out everywhere

The Missing
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1up View Post
    ETA on the MRP Bling Rings? Seems to be sold out everywhere
    October 25th they should be released to retailers

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

88 BCD Chainirng

Quote Originally Posted by pernfilman View Post
    Holy moly are these hard to come by. I have a XTR M985 crankset I am converting to 1 x 10. I need a single 88 BCD chain ring for this and have not been able to find any thing other then homebrew. Any leads on where else to get a ring ? I do not want to wait a month + for a chain ring.
    What tooth sizes are you looking for? We've had alot of inquiries for an 88mm BCD chainring so we plan on making a short run of the most common sizes. Our ETA for custom rings is only a few days not months and you can pay when we are ready to ship, let us know - Warhawk
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

mtbr member
    Warhawk,

Are the 88 BCD rings for SS or mono setups? Any pics. I have a Homebrew and want to get a backup 30T. Using it for a 1x10.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hi Rich, I think most customers who have bought them so far are using them on a 1x10 or similar setup so it should be just fine. If for any reason you do get one and it doesn't work out I'll either fix and replace the problem or refund the ring, Thanks - Colin
    Warhawk Industries - Specializing in Stainless Steel, Titanium and Aluminum Chainrings

mtbr member
    Another option: We should have our Drop-Stop 88 mm BCD chainrings available in 3-4 weeks. These are designed for 1x10 and do not require a chain-guide if you have a clutch-type rear derailleur. Check out our website for what they will look like -- they will nicely match the Shimano crank. We will offer sizes 30-38T.
    Product Catalog
    wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member

Options :)

Wolf:
    Nice to have options, but looking at your drawing I do not like the mounting tabs. Although it will look nicer having the elevated tabs this also mean that the ring will only go on in one direction and making flip-flopping the ring not an option. Shelling out that much for a ring I would like to use it twice before it is used-up. Please conceder making the tabs flat which should also reduce the machining and keeping down cost.

Warhawk:
    Do you guys have any plans on a taller tooth pattern like the xx1?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red5jedi View Post
    Warhawk:
    Do you guys have any plans on a taller tooth pattern like the xx1?
    Hi Rich, Yes we have a taller/offset tooth profile that we have been testing with a few riders locally. As you know we're also testing the Sram and Shimano spiderless chainrings in addition to the XX1 compatible rings all of which should be available soon. For everyone who has placed an order for one of our 88mm rings we have been and are working through these orders right now, Thanks - Colin

mtbr member
    Warhawk,
    Sounds great and I hope testing goes well. Thanks

mtbr member
    FYI - our 36 tooth 88 BCDs will be in the last week of April. The 38 tooth is coming about a week later.
    We will be taking pre orders as the date gets closer!
    We personally are excited about these because that is our favorite Crankset=)
    wolftoothcomponents.com

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTooth View Post
    FYI - our 36 tooth 88 BCDs will be in the last week of April. The 38 tooth is coming about a week later.
    We will be taking pre orders as the date gets closer!
    We personally are excited about these because that is our favorite Crankset=)
    What chainline can you expect with the 88bcd rings?

I really like how you've incorporated the shape of the spider into the ring.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Hey Noah,
    The chainline of our ring is inboard from the standard big ring by 3mm. This was done to make the chainline nearly perfect for a 1x10 setup on XTR.
    wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member
    Hey All,
    I thought you might enjoy a sneak peak (first article prior to ano):
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7987558&type=3
    wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How do I get in touch with you. I placed an order 4 weeks ago and nothing?? I spoke with Colin who said they'd be sent two weeks ago, but nothing........no one answers the phone, the mailbox is full, and no reply to emails - what gives. Who can I speak to to get my order
    Last edited by ShoMyOFace; 05-01-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Save 15% off of your first Hammer Order

http://www.tispindles.com/ - U.S. Made Titanium Spindles For Your MTB Pedals

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hi ShoMyOFace, Thanks I'm clearing out the voicemails now, I checked and don't see any missed emails can you send me a PM, email again or give me a call and I'll have this shipped out today. All orders for 88mm BCD chainrings have been machined as of yesterday so everyone who has placed an order will start seeing them delivered over the next few days, Thanks - Colin

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Did you get your chainring? Like to know before I order one.

Single Speed - It's All About The Pain!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DEmbry View Post
    Did you get your chainring? Like to know before I order one.
    Hi DEmbry, we have shipped all our 88mm BCD rings and all customers should be receiving them now, only those who have ordered anodized rings are waiting and I will start shipping those by the end of this week. I have 32T, 34T, 36T and 38T in-stock ready to ship or anodize. Any ring we do not have in stock only takes ~2hrs to machine and ship. Let me know what size you want I'll get it ready for you and let you know so you can place your order with confidence, Thanks - Colin

mtbr member

Drop Stop for M985

Looking for 88 BCD single ring for 1 x 10 conversion-m985-anodized.jpg
    We are really excited about these new drop stop rings (mostly because it is the crankset we prefer). 36t ship tomorrow and there are a few left unclaimed. The 38t ship next week and we are taking pre-orders.

Let us know what you think!
    wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    WolfTooth,
    Will the Drop Stop ring work with a Shimano XT 785 crankset?

mtbr member
    Hey Stonerider,
    Yes Drop Stop rings will work, but you need a 104 BCD ring for you XT crankset (and it will mount in the middle ring position): 104 BCD chainrings
    wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I ordered an 88 BCD chainring from Warhawk industries on the 06/03/2013 order ID: #2493 I have not received this chainring, nor have Warhawk industries responded to two e-mails sent to them regarding this order. Has anyone else here had problems with this company? custom cnc machined chainrings

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfTooth View Post
    Hey Noah,
    The chainline of our ring is inboard from the standard big ring by 3mm. This was done to make the chainline nearly perfect for a 1x10 setup on XTR.
    Hey WolfTooth,
    The rings look great; I want to get a 32t when they are available. Can you tell us what is the chainline is with the m985 cranks?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast