mtbr member
    Sep 2009

loc tite for pedal pins

Recomendation for secureing pins for my flat pedals,my guess is a non perm. loc tite..pass on any advice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails loc tite for pedal pins-p1090076.jpg  

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    I had the same problem. lost a few pins on my straitlines. They advised I torque them more, really set them.

Hey Tony, loctite is cool but just use a socket and the pins will nest in nicely and never fall out.

I would think blue loctite at most.... I torqued them pretty good and they have been fine so far. they aren't cheap.
    But I feel they are superior to a plain old set screw...
    CDT

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    For something that small 222 would be a good bet.

mtbr member
    A user here by the name of froggy97 had recommended to me to use nail polish for small threads such as derailleur limit screws.

...Also get yourself some nail polish. Blue Loctite isn't recommended for bolts under 1/4" (Green is, but it's as permanent as Red). For small bolts, such as derailleur limit screws, nail polish works very well. Cheap, effective, it's a barrier to galvanic corrosion and non-permanent. The other advantage of nail polish is that you can adjust a bolt or screw and it still holds.
    Perhaps it can also be used for those pedal pins.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    I had the same problem. lost a few pins on my straitlines. They advised I torque them more, really set them.

Hey Tony, loctite is cool but just use a socket and the pins will nest in nicely and never fall out.

I would think blue loctite at most.... I torqued them pretty good and they have been fine so far. they aren't cheap.
    But I feel they are superior to a plain old set screw...
    CDT
    thx,I'm just loveing these pedals,I'll try to torqe them down to spec...