mtbr member

New question here. little wobble on my cassette on XT hub

Hi! anyone can help? I bought a new wheelset with an XT disc hub, after I installed the cassette i can feel and see theres a little play or a little movement on the casseette (while installed), is this normal on XT hub I chacked the freewheel on the hub and its fine no play, only on the cassette, I tighten the locking ring well, I thought its just loose but its not. do I need put a spacer or something to make it more stable? I tested it and I dont see any problem during shifting... I'm just wondering if this is unussual. or its really the way it is? I'm thinking of returning to JENSONUSA if this is really a problem. I'm working on a solution beforeI returning it... I appreciate your help. Thanks.
    +++++++++++++++++
    *Disclaimer: Arlopex shall not be liable for the content or any errors or omissions in the information provided in the Comments section, and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by arlopex
    Hi! anyone can help? I bought a new wheelset with an XT disc hub, after I installed the cassette i can feel and see theres a little play or a little movement on the casseette (while installed), is this normal on XT hub I chacked the freewheel on the hub and its fine no play, only on the cassette, I tighten the locking ring well, I thought its just loose but its not. do I need put a spacer or something to make it more stable? I tested it and I dont see any problem during shifting... I'm just wondering if this is unussual. or its really the way it is? I'm thinking of returning to JENSONUSA if this is really a problem. I'm working on a solution beforeI returning it... I appreciate your help. Thanks.
    Make yourself some shims out of an aluminum can, and slide them in between the cassette and the freehub. You maybe only need 3 or 4. (I did this with my XTR cassettes, I don't really know if it makes a big differnce,but can't hurt)

Good luck

mtbr member
    May 2004

My local hardware...

store carries snap rings of different sizes. There is one size that is absolutely perfect and slides right over freewheel. I use it on my wheel before I put on cassette as the cassette holder ticks the spokes. That's if you actually do need a shim?

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker

Maybe...maybe not

I just put a new freehub on my Nukeproof wheels because of a wobble in the freehub.

The freehub itself didn't look to wobble, but a cassette on the hub wobbled pretty bad. It was bad enough that is started to mess with shifting. So bought a cheap LX hub off Ebay, ripped the freehub body off that one and put it on the Nukeproof hub. Problem fixed.

The hub was fine for over two years with a bit of wobble, it just got a bit worse this year and needed fixed.

So don't know if that helps, but another view.

JmZ

JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member

Thanks

Thanks guys for the feedback....I Think its better if i bring it back to jenson..its a brandnew wheetset they sais they gonna take a look at it...thankx again...have a safe ride!
    +++++++++++++++++
    *Disclaimer: Arlopex shall not be liable for the content or any errors or omissions in the information provided in the Comments section, and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user.