mtbr member

Kore Chain Reactor chain tensioner

I was wondering if one could use it as a chain guide on a 1x9. I recently put in a larger chainring and had to do away with the bash, so the chain up front has no barriers on either side. If anyone has a pic of his or her bike with a Kore Chain Reactor, please post! I like to see how that goes on a bike.

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Probably...

All it does is add more tension to the chain. I'm sure under some circumstances the chain could still bounce off, maybe.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt: I've run single ring applications for a long time with no tensioners or chain guides/guards and haven't dropped the chain. It stays put just fine on its own.

Here's the Chain Reactor that I ran for a while. It was a pain to set up in that application but worked ok after trying a variety of different mounting locations.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pic, Shayne. I wasn't sure where it would be on the chainstay, but now I see it's near the cassette. Yeah, I thought it's main purpose is to add tension to the chain but was also hoping that it might work as a chain guide. My chain is already tensioned enough now that I switched to a 36t up front without having to lengthen the chain. I think I will go with the new Paul Components Chain Keeper. Looks simple and I'm reading rave reviews.