iam
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Is the Kore Chain Reactor that bad?

Was looking for a chain tensioner for my Kona Caldera... I'm sick of the chain suck all the time.

I found that Kore Chain Reactor product and started reading reviews of it here. It seems pretty much 50-50... Some love it, some hate it... but no one seems to be thinking that its OK, great, do the job, avergae product...

Has anyone here actually tried one and what was your experience like? Good buy or stay away from it?

Are there any other alternative if I don't want to change my whole chain ring ?

Thanks,

IAM

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by iam
    Was looking for a chain tensioner for my Kona Caldera... I'm sick of the chain suck all the time.

I found that Kore Chain Reactor product and started reading reviews of it here. It seems pretty much 50-50... Some love it, some hate it... but no one seems to be thinking that its OK, great, do the job, avergae product...
    It has been VERY TRICKY to install (two bike frames so far). At first, when I saw its mounting brackets, I couldn't believe it's possible to install it at all. Somehow I managed it.

Once I bought and installed it, no chain suck ever. When the roller sticks up and stops spinning, it still works like a charm. I live in St.Petersburg, Russia, we have wet climate with lots of mud in the woods. Never had the roller stop spinning since I used Finish Line XC Wet Lube.

So if you are creatve enough to install it (I used a piece of tin-plate instead of one of the two brackets) it's a great buy. I think at $15 the cons are quite pardonable, and it's a real deal.

Oh. Did I mention that when I first failed to install it I made myself so sure it's impossible that it took me around two months to take another try?