mtbr member
    Mar 2012

kmc x9.93 chain and missing link

I just got a kmc x9.93. i was not impressed with the missing link. it was not hard to get the missing link together and locked in place compared to a shimano pc-951 power link. power link has a definite click so you know it was locked in place. missing link just slid in place.

mtbr member
    I've been using the same chain for years, never dropped a missing link on everthing from Free-ride at what was Diablo, to XC/Trail. They do go together very smooth.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    ok thanks for the info

Huckin' trails
    Yup, they won't fall apart since your chain always have tension and it needs a certain motion to slide both plates and remove the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Former Bike Wrench
    Shimano doesn't make a Power Link, SRAM does. IME the KMC works just as well and looks to be identical except it's black.

I've used 8, 9, and 10 speed KMC Missing Links with great success and not a single failure.

addicted to chunk
    Mine has been good last few months. (kmc).

I have had a sram link open and fall off, as well as one crack in half. No more.
    Riding.....