mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Just got new Shimano LX Cranks... how do knwo what size BB

OK, so i just picked up set of Shimano LX Hollow Tech M572 cranks. The bottom bracket that goes w/ it is the Shimano BB-ES51, i have seen them all over different web site, but they all have differnet sizes. How do you know what size is needed? What do you measure?

Also.... anyone have a little "How To" on changing Cranks and Botton Bracket?

Freshly Fujified

121mm

I own two sets of the FC M572 cranks. They need a BB ES 51 with a 121 mm long shaft. This is becase of the depth the splines need to go into the crank arms on this particular model of cranks. The BB shell will be either 68mm or 73mm. You need to check your frame for that measurement. I got my BB ES 51's cheap via Performance Bike. Right now the web site doesn't specify what length they have in stock. It just says 73mm.

Bob
    Last edited by Call_me_Clyde; 07-24-2006 at 11:19 AM.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    thanks alot...

mtbr member
    I bought mine a few weeks ago. You do need the ES-51 BB from Shimano. The size depends on your frame. If you have a 68 BB Shell you'll need the 68 x 121. If you have a 73mm BB Shell, you'll need the 73 x 126. Good luck!
    2015 Specialized Fat Boy Easton Carbon Seatpost X9 Triggers (future)
    2014 Specialized Crux Pro SRAM 2x10 Force, CG-R Post

Freshly Fujified

My bad

Quote Originally Posted by pspycho
    I bought mine a few weeks ago. You do need the ES-51 BB from Shimano. The size depends on your frame. If you have a 68 BB Shell you'll need the 68 x 121. If you have a 73mm BB Shell, you'll need the 73 x 126. Good luck!
    You definitely need a 126mm if you have a 73mm BB shell.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery