• 12-19-2011
    anthonylokrn
    Jagwire Ripcord DIY Derailleur kit - question.
    Just picked up a kit for my build and had a few questions about the small parts/accessories.

Since I will be running full length housing, I will not be using the liner at all.

I assumed that the kit is enough to do both front and rear derailleur, but the accessory bag only came with (1) end cap/ferrule. Wouldn't I need (3) end caps/ferrule to complete the housing? (both shifters and at the rear derailleur).

Not sure if I'm missing something or not.

Thanks!
  • 12-20-2011
    EvilBkr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    Just picked up a kit for my build and had a few questions about the small parts/accessories.

Since I will be running full length housing, I will not be using the liner at all.

I assumed that the kit is enough to do both front and rear derailleur, but the accessory bag only came with (1) end cap/ferrule. Wouldn't I need (3) end caps/ferrule to complete the housing? (both shifters and at the rear derailleur).

Not sure if I'm missing something or not.

Thanks!

I just looked at the spare Ripcord kit I have and it has 8 endcap/ferrules. One without the teflon nose and seven with. So if I read your question correctly you are definitely missing some parts.
  • 12-20-2011
    anthonylokrn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilBkr View Post
    I just looked at the spare Ripcord kit I have and it has 8 endcap/ferrules. One without the teflon nose and seven with. So if I read your question correctly you are definitely missing some parts.

I do have the (7) nose ferrules but didn't think I would be using them since I'm not using the liner. So both shifters will use the nose ferrules and the rear derailleur will be the alloy ferrule WITHOUT the nose?
  • 12-20-2011
    anthonylokrn
    -_- Nevermind. Didn't notice that there were end caps pre-installed at the ends of the housing.