Thread: ISIS Drive BB's

person

ISIS Drive BB's

I've gone through my 2nd race face SRX BB, and I'm getting tired of them. What is the best ISIS BB, that will last longer than 3 months. Or....Are the external Systems worth it?

mtbr member
    The external systems have their problems too however, you can get at the bearings to relube etc. However it requires a fairly large capital expenditure to change out cranks and BB. I've had good luck with FSA platinum BB's and I've heard that the new SKF (bearing manufacturer) BB's are great.
    http://www.fullspeedahead.com/
    http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/p...ntentId=191011

locked - time out

Smile Welcome to the forums.

I agree that the FSA Plat is a good BB. The best, well thats the question thats been
    beat to death and as you'll see in the future will still be on the chopping block.
    I've been through 2 BBs in 2 mouths [giga-pipe and SRX]. Alot of mud here in Cali this
    year. Been runnig on the FSA for 3 weeks now and its just as smooth as the 1st day.
    I do keep my bike clean and lubed, the wife is raggin me all the time.

Good luck G-vegas.

Jake Pay, SRAM Here.

person
    Hey, Thanks a lot for the help guys, the advise has been really helpful

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If you don't care about the heavy weight, the Truvativ Gigapipe Team DH is supposed to be one of the few decent ISIS BB's. It has more bearings than most.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Platinum and Drain

FSA Platinum. Cheap and good.

Drill a small drain hole in your BB shell. Part of the problem is water getting into your seattube and giving your BB a good soaking. My ISIS BBs have been lasting much longer once I started doing this to my bikes.

Maybe not as big an issue in Vegas.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by G-VegasMTBiker
    Hey, Thanks a lot for the help guys, the advise has been really helpful

person
    Hey, thanks for the help........I'm not actually from Vegas though, its a nick name for my town Gardner Vegas MA

Space for rent...
    Read the reviews on ISIS BB's and you will see that most of them are crap. I bought a couple of Truvativ "take offs" from Jenson for around $12 each. If I can get a season out of them I will be happy.
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Trying to figure out which isis BB are the heavy duty ones. I've been to FSA's, Truvata's, etc. websites to compare what I find at the stores. Most of the ones posted on the manufactures websites are the ones I see for sale, Ugh! Any suggestions? Anyone know if for example the FSA Platinum MegaExo CrMo is ISIS?

Thanks!