PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Installing a new bottom bracket with an e-type FD?

I bought an American Classic ISIS bottom bracket for my bike and went to install it when I realized that I'm not sure how it works. Do I add a 2.5mm spacer on the non-drive side and use the e-Type derailleur plate as the other 2.5mm spacer?

My bike came with the front derailleur so I do not have any directions for installation. The BB is 68mm.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PCC
    I bought an American Classic ISIS bottom bracket for my bike and went to install it when I realized that I'm not sure how it works. Do I add a 2.5mm spacer on the non-drive side and use the e-Type derailleur plate as the other 2.5mm spacer?

My bike came with the front derailleur so I do not have any directions for installation. The BB is 68mm.

Thanks!
    You are correct.

American Classic has these instructions for the ISIS BB but they are not too good.

http://www.amclassic.com/tech/pdf/BB...stallation.pdf
    There is no added value to my participation - in fact, just more confusion.

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the info. My BB came with the instruction sheet but it did not mention what to do with E-type front derailleurs. I just figured that this should be correct so I put it together the way that seemed logical to me.