MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Installing E-13 DRS on RaceFace Evolve DH crank

I recently bought an E-13 DRS chainguide.
    Today I wanted to install it, but while reading the manual I got stuck at one step.
    It's about the Bottom Bracket spinde length. I'm new to this kind of stuff, and due to the fact that my native language isn't English, it's not all that clear to me.

I have to determine the Bottom Bracket spindle length to see how many inner plates I have to use. I used the search function, but due to the reason mentioned above, I couldn't get everything clear.

The bike I want to install it on is a Kona Coiler Deluxe 2006 (without ISCG mounting tabs)
    with a RaceFace Evolve DH crank and Evolve DH X-type BB, the BB shell is 68mm, there are 2 spacers on the drive side and there is 1 spacer on the other side.

I was wondering if someone can help me a bit, if there's any additional information you'd like to have, please let me know.

Regards

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Hello MrR,
    You should only need one wearplate for your RF Evolve cranks. I would install the DRS backplate outside of the 2.5mm BB spacer on the driveside. Additionally, Raceface uses a spindle spacer system to allow for an adjustable chainline. This comes in handy for chainguide setups but adds some complexity if you don't have the manual handy.

You can use the RIDE DH manual, as I don't think the Evolve ones are still online.
    http://www.raceface.com/comp/inst/Ri...espond.web.pdf

Cheers,
    philip @ e*thirteen/the Hive

MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hello philw86,

Thanks for your reply.

You wrote 'I would install the DRS backplate outside of the 2.5mm BB spacer on the driveside'. That means I should remove one spacer (since there are 2), and install the backplate between the spacer and the BB cup?

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Hi MrR,
    Yes, that is correct.

Cheers,
    philip

MrR
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hi philw86,

Thanks alot for your help, it's all clear to me now.
    I gonna install the chainguide when I am recovered from the flu.