mtbr member
    Sep 2005

if price was no object?

What's the "best" rear casset going these days?

go chase the sunset
    The Titanium Aluminium Carbonitrided (TiAIN) (TiCN) Cassette would be my vote:

Although we offer Titanium Nitrided cassettes (Listed above), which are harder then any material your cassette is ever likely to come into contact with, we always like to go one step further...

We are constantly researching into the latest technical advancements, producing test pieces and prototypes, with the sole intention of providing the best products in the world... Our Titanium Nitrided cassettes provided the ultimate durability and shifting performance, and still do under most circumstances, although we now have an even harder, slicker product available!

Titanium Aluminium Carbonitride is a blue/black coating with hardness rating in excess of 3000HV (Practically Diamond!). It has the lowest friction and highest coefficient of wear available.

This process allows high speed cutting tools to work at temperatures in excess of 800degrees, outperforming (TiN), as it can be used under much heavier loads and even 'dry machining' without lubricants...

"Why do we produce the hardest cassette in the world? Because we can...!"

Options: We offer custom Tune full titanium cassettes with ceramic spacers, for Shimano 9 speed
    Comes in at a ridiculous weight from what I remember, and costs circa $700.

ridin' Mary

Rohloff Speedhub

I decided that money was no object on my current bike, so that's what's on it!

King of vegetarians
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNooo
    I decided that money was no object on my current bike, so that's what's on it!
    Not to mention it could be mounted mid-frame with a G-Boxx.
    Black Sheep Dream Bike Design
    www.blacksheepbikes.com
    The future is not retro proof.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    XTR 970 smooth light and lasts.