View Poll Results: Do you think the Giant Warp sucks ass??

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah it's stupid and anyone who rides one is a dork!

0 0%
  • It's ok, but I wouldn't have one.

5 38.46%
  • They're a fine bike, strong and a good price.

5 38.46%
  • This poll is stupid! everyone usually disses this bike!

3 23.08%
    mtbr member

I wanna get a bash guard!

But the guy in the bike shop said (as far as I could understand!) that if I put one on, then my roller chain guides will be in the way, so I might have to change the rollers!

I live Tokyo now, so I think I did quite well to get this much understanding both ways!!!

But the bike in question, is a Jap model 2003 warp ds1.

Here's the best pic i can find online of the rollers in question, if you can fill me in on what I can do, The shop here has E13's and Blackspire's, so what do you think I will be able to put on it???????
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sweet, thanks!!

Would the Blackspire protector work as well, I guess the shop should be able to order that part.

Chillin the Most
    The Warp is a nice beginner bike. If you want to use a bashguard, what you need is the Truvativ DH guard (pic), it's designed to work with that guide as well as their updated Hussefelt 2 guide.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    First off you come off as a fairly offensive person and it rots that you refer to the Japanese as "japs". Unless you fought and died in WWII then you have no cause to refer to them by the demeaning term "japs". And unless I'm mistaken you aren't in your 70's/80's so you don't have the right.

As for your poll you word it like you're an angry kid. Grow up kid! Learn some respect for the people of the country in which you reside.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred3
    First off you come off as a fairly offensive person and it rots that you refer to the Japanese as "japs". Unless you fought and died in WWII then you have no cause to refer to them by the demeaning term "japs". And unless I'm mistaken you aren't in your 70's/80's so you don't have the right.

As for your poll you word it like you're an angry kid. Grow up kid! Learn some respect for the people of the country in which you reside.
    Ummmmmmmm well, I am sorry that you took offence to the word "japs" I only use it as a short and easy expression to use. I use it for many countries and use the term in akin to the way I would shorten a friend's name, or as people do for mine (Simon - Si) I am British, regularly refered to as Brit's!!! So I do not see the offence of saying this.

And actually my grandfather fought in the war against them. But also I love this country, I have many friends here and am studying hard to learn Japanese. My field is IT, but until I get my language skills up I have to keep on working teaching English.

My poll was merely in jest, many people slate the Warp and offer suggestions of, "buy a different bike" (diverting the thread topic), so I had hoped that this would overt this. It's not the first time my British humour has gotten me in trouble. I work with an American, and very often he doesn't get my jokes, he just looks annoyed and so I have to explain it was a joke!

So please don't jump to conclusions, and start trying to look big by calling me kid and telling me to grow up. It seems that you are the one who needs to grow up!

mtbr member
    Oh and back to the topic (if this thread can survive after that onslaught), Reviews of that bash guard seem to say that it kinda sucks, being very weak.

I guess that i should just leave it for now, I had hoped that It would just be a case of put the bash guard on, but I want to get something strong, and I don't want to have to get a new chainguide setup at the same time.

Thanks for the help though, if anyone else knows anything about this then please feel free to tell me

ride hard take risks
    I run a RaceFace bash guard without rollers or guide. Lots of people say they loose their chains without a roller but i have not lost it after 1 year. If you want to run the rollers you will need to replace the roller system as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    I run a RaceFace bash guard without rollers or guide. Lots of people say they loose their chains without a roller but i have not lost it after 1 year. If you want to run the rollers you will need to replace the roller system as well.
    Thx man,

this is what I thought the guy in the shop was trying to say, but I thought I would double check as my Japanese is a bit patchy, I have only been learning for about 6 months.

Thats good news to hear, I will ride with rollers on for now, but if I find I need the guard then I'll do the swap, I had hoped I could use both, but I guess not!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone! mtbr.com forums are the best!

ride hard take risks
    I just looked into the guard red5 suggested & you can run it with the existing rollers as he said. You do have a option!
    http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/moun...idesandguards/

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by fred3

Geeze Fred, where did you get all that. Its obviously meant as Japanese version. Its his poll, and it was funny, kinda, angry is how your post sounds.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy