Thread: i need help....

WickedVT3

i need help....

ive been rocking this old ass connondale for a while im happy with the frame and im happy witht everything. trouble is i just havent had the funds to drop on a new rear derailer for some time. the one i have is a deor ewwwwwwwwwwww. im so pissed all the time that in not happy. ive tried everything i bought a new cassette, a new chain and all new cable and housing from sram. the skipping has stopped the delay and hesitation has not im getting realy frustrated. i can only afford to drop like 40 or fifty bucks right now and i have a shimano intergrated rapid fire shifter set. i want to come into the world of sram im impressed with even the cheapest stuff they offer quick and easy reliable shifting. OK my question is wich level sram is compatible with my shimano shifter just for now till i can drop some seriouse dough on a sram set that makes me giggle with excitement just thinking about it. thanks for any help. dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ups and downs
    SRAM makes some shifters compatible with 2:1 Shimano rear derailleurs but they don't make rear derailleurs compatible with Shimano shifters, all SRAM RD's are 1:1 cable pull ratio.

WickedVT3
    so your saying no matter what if i want to switch to a sram derailer i will have to invest in a 60 dollar shifter for it too? or do they also have different grouping shifters for sram too?