mtbr member

Hussefelt/howitzer, or Raceface/ISIS???

so i'm looking at swapping my crankset, and i'm wondering if i should go with a 22/32/bash Race Face Ride XC with an isis BB, or go with a Truvativ Hussefelt 2.2 22/32/bash, with a howitzer BB.....i ride aggressive XC, and around here i have NO need for a 42 ring, and a bash guard and the extra clearance would come in handy with some of the big roots/logs here in fla.....but anyway, what's the track record on both of these? i've read the reviews on the howitzer bb's, and i hear they come loose a lot....what about q factor? is it as big a deal as everyone says? hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction as to which to buy....someone let me know please....thanks!

nate.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Where did you hear they come loose a lot? In my experience they have been awesome and the outboard bearings make for a much stiffer spindle.

mtbr member
    i read that in the reviews here in mtbr.... http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Crankset...ct_78627.shtml if you read the first like 5 or so reviews, everyone mentions something about them coming loose a lot...and then every couple reviews after that someone says it too..... i'm just hoping to get more people say they're NOT coming loose, than are.... same with this review which is practically the same crank and BB setup.... http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Crankset...t_125948.shtml

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Just to point out a couple of things. First, a lot of those reviews are for isis so you obviously want to look over those and second, the only people that normally write reviews are the ones that had a bad experience. Just keep thatin mind too.