mtbr member

How the Heck to Convert an XO 2X10 to a 1X10??!!

So, I have decided that I'd prefer 10 gears instead of the stock 20. I run a 2013 Sram XO 2X10 Crank PF30. I don't want to wait ten years for Home Brewed to get it here, and unsure about NSB 1X10 direct mount ring. There doesn't seem to be any straight, clear cut ways on doing this. I've talked to the LBS who recommended NSB but was unsure whether it would work with my PF30 Crank. Sram said that direct mount rings won't work and I needed a 1X spider. Couldn't find any such product. I really need a walkthrough on exactly how you did this and how I should go about it. Happy Trails guys!

mtbr member
    Ok, I have narrowed down the search to 110 Direct Mount Chainrings North Shore Billet and Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | Shop. Does anyone know if both of these would work the same on my crank?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The MRP installs with the 3 torx screws you will see when you remove your 2x spider and rings. Don't know about the other ring.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Both of those are for GXP cranks and the chainline would be off probably. I believe you can buy the X0 DH spiders separately, which are 1X

mtbr member
    I use the MRP on my x9 bb30 cranks chain line is perfect I believe its the same as the
    xx.

mtbr member
    homebrewed components spiderless chainring. i believe there are quite a few who have gone that route.

*edit - didn't read your post very well. i see you're not interested in homebrewed.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan View Post
    I use the MRP on my x9 bb30 cranks chain line is perfect I believe its the same as the
    xx.
    Really? MRP says the Bling Rings are compatible only with the GXP cranks.
    Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | MRP Bling Ring Chainrings
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

How the Heck to Convert an XO 2X10 to a 1X10??!!

I am in the same boat. There isn't a direct mount bb30/pf30 ring on the market.

There are a few posts stating the bling ring can work but requires some odd combination of spacers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    NSB told me that they should have some BB30 direct mount rings available by March 1.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I sent noah at MRP a PM about the compatibility with bb30 BB. When I hear back from him I will post what he has to say. If not, looks like I'll be going with a NSB, hopefully they can do the alternating teeth like the xx1 design.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I need a BB30/PF30 direct mount chainring too. I just emailed NSB, their Facebook page says that they should be available April or sooner.

Also, a friend forwarded me this:
    Works Components SRAM Spiderless Chainring Alternating Thickness Extended Tooth Design

I emailed them last week but I haven't heard back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The works rings look legit, looks like just what a lot of people are looking for: xx1 design and spider less. Only thing that stinks is that these rings are going to be over $100 by the time it shows up on your door step.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ds33gt View Post
    The works rings look legit, looks like just what a lot of people are looking for: xx1 design and spider less. Only thing that stinks is that these rings are going to be over $100 by the time it shows up on your door step.
    I agree, the BB30 spiderless rings will be expensive because of the offset issue.

I went with an NSB 104bcd BB30 spider so I can run a cheaper ring. There will be a weight penalty and will report some weights when I have my setup ready to go.