dontcha?

Hone or XT front derailler?

I'm looking to upgrade my front derailler, I was searching around jenson and price point, etc. and was pretty much set on an XT front derailler, but I came across the Shimano Hone front derailler. Is it basically the same as the XT, just more heavy duty? There's no reviews on here about it, and it's priced slightly less than the XT, but that's on sale.. Anybody have experience with the Hone derailler?

"The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

...idios...
    As I understand it, Hone is basically LX just with a slightly more 'aggressive' styling, for the All Mountain folk who like to look tougher than everyone else, because it's a state of mind not a style of riding.....

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

...idios...
    That probably wasn't very helpful, was it?

banned
    Sep 2005
    Hone=LX

Go for the XT.

Exploreur de Citée
    Go for XT Deore Shimano. Cause Hone looks massive. Beside, XT Deore is way better thanHone!
    D.Xenotime

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    there is almost no difference between front derailers, they do what is needed...just get an LX and you'll be find and you'd of save some cash for something later on
    Last edited by Andino; 10-11-2006 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    Salsa Dos Niner SS

Exploreur de Citée
    Quote Originally Posted by Andino
    there is almost no difference between front derailers, they do what is needed...just get an :X and you'll be find and you'd of save some cash for something later on
    I think his :X means LX... Typing mistake... LoL
    D.Xenotime

mtbr member

XT is the best for the price

I have done a lot of testing with different front derailleurs in the past month for a new product I am working on and have found a few things out. the XT 760 is currently the best for the price. I have used a hone and also a SRAM next gen both didn't perform as well. the cages seam to be a little wider hence the chain had more room to jump around. It does depend on the riding you are doing agresive trail to freeriding stick with XT. If you are still having issues then I another suggestion if you are running a dual ring set up. It is a derailleur with a guide attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images