Propr

Holzfeller OCT 2.2 RG

Currently I have the OCT crank with 22/32 + bashguard. I want to run a 22/36. I purchased a XT 36T chainring which the LBS said was a 104mm spacing. So when I went to install it didn't fit in the spot where it was suppose to go. It fit in the place where the bashguard goes but not where the chainring is suppose to go.

So either the XT chainring I got is not 104mm or the chainring from the crank is not a 104mm.

What does the 104mm spacing represent?

Can some one recommend some other chainring with step-ups that will work?

Am I missing something?

You can purchase the OCT's with a 22/32 or 24/36 setup, and the web-site says they measure 64mm/104mm BCD.

Anyway, any help or direction would be appreciated.
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    08 Demo 7 II
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    if the bolt holes match, they both are 104 BCD... check the 1st definition on this page http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html

sometimes there is some interferance between the ring and spider when you use different brands, some dremeling/filing might be necessary...

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    if the bolt holes match, they both are 104 BCD... check the 1st definition on this page http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html

sometimes there is some interference between the ring and spider when you use different brands, some dremeling/filing might be necessary...
    I checked the holes and they do match guess dremeling/filing will be the call...not looking forward to that. Maybe I'll just try ordering the correct one from SRAM|Truvativ.
    12 Bandit Two9
    10 TransAM 1x9
    08 Demo 7 II
    S-Works M2
    Tarmac SL3