mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Help Selecting Sram X.9 Derailleur

I have a 2007 Trek Fuel Ex 7, I am in the process of trying to order new shifters, front, and rear derailleur. Right now I have all the Shimano Deore Xt components that came with my bike. I am having trouble finding which style.size front derailleur I need to order to match my bike.

The options on Jenson's website are the following....

Top-Pull 31.8mm Low Clamp
    Bottom-Pull 35.0mm High Clamp
    Top-Pull 35.0mm Low Clamp
    Top-Pull 35.0mm High Clamp
    Bottom-Pull 31.8mm Low Clamp
    Bottom-Pull 35.0mm Low Clamp

If anyone who has the same bike as me or knows 100% on which one would fit my bike your help would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    I have a Trek 2008 EX8 and upgraded everything to X9s. The size I used was 34.9 High top pull clamp for the FD. Look at your current FD and see where the cable comes from. Does it come from the top or bottom? This is your pull. Look online at SRAMs website and see the difference between the low and high clamps. The low has a lower profile and is smaller while the the others has a larger one, as was in my case.
    To be sure, you should email using the link at:
    http://www.trekbikes.com/faq/contact.php
    This is what I did to confirm my purchase.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    My bike is set-up for bottom pull and high clamp. Can anyone specifically let me know which size that I need for my bike?

Calm Like a Bomb
    u won't gain or lose anything by switching the front mech to a sram....u can run a sram shifter with the xt front mech.....u could save your money for something else unless u like things to match

as for the size, it will be the same size as your seat tube
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy