mtbr member
    May 2008

Help me get the right parts.

My current crank set and BB has wear, as per a previous thread.
    I need to get a new crank set and BB and Im not all that with the technicals of this so I need some advice.

My current crank is a Hussefelt, Howitzer, Truvativ BB. On the sprocket is marked 38. On the BB brg nut is written... double bearing 68/83/100MM shell, o-ring-73MM shell, no o-ring,
    will not bottom out on frame.
    The BB shaft measures 128mm.
    I have the BB papers from the previous owner building the bike. The BB papers say its a Giga pipe isis drive and issis over drive BB. And I have just been emailed that the cranks where hitting the frame so he used a few washers as spacers to widen the cranks so a longer BB is actually needed. Having these spacers lessened the amount of splines that the crank was actually riding on and I would guess this might be why it has premature wear after only a year.
    Is there anywhere I can get a longer length BB than a 128mm? I looked all over online and I dont see any references to anything over 128 I wish there was some way I could put what came with this GT bike to be sure its the proper stuff. I scared if I go back with the exact same thing and having to add those washers behind the crank arms will just work for a while before wearing out again.
    Last edited by thebluesbox; 03-24-2009 at 12:37 AM.