mtbr member
    May 2004

Help me find a Sram X9 pulley bearing?

I degreased my Sram X9 Pulley bearing in simple green -- it corroded the metal some where it does not spin nearly as smooth as the other one. I need a replacement but I having a hard time. Sram said to buy a new pully set - but I would like to avoid that if possible. The bearing number is 6801-2RS. The cheapest I can find is about $7 -- but if I have to pay that much I would rather just buy a new pulley set that would cost about $20.
    There is a seller on ebay but he only sells in lots of 10.

any other suggestions

Chrome Toaster

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by eman2
    I degreased my Sram X9 Pulley bearing in simple green -- it corroded the metal some where it does not spin nearly as smooth as the other one. I need a replacement but I having a hard time. Sram said to buy a new pully set - but I would like to avoid that if possible. The bearing number is 6801-2RS. The cheapest I can find is about $7 -- but if I have to pay that much I would rather just buy a new pulley set that would cost about $20.
    There is a seller on ebay but he only sells in lots of 10.

any other suggestions
    Any bearing store (auto, moto, industrial, etc) can have them. That is not an special size.

Also, try www.enduroforkseals.com ... Chris now sells Enduro bearings. Enduro lists this size in theirhomepage, so they should have them.

Enduroforkseals have a complete set of 6 bearings for some framesets for 35 buck or so, so those should be pretty cheap with them.

Your best bet is a local bearing store.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Took it to the shop -- they looked at the one I left in simple green and deemed it okay -- just repack with grease and off you go. So it was no problem after all.