1000 miles per diaper

Help, I'm creaking!

I ride a 2002 Bianchi Superbee. Previously when I changed the BB the terrible creaking sound stopped, at least for awhile. This time I went with a Raceface freeride evlove and the creaking has just got worse. I took it out and greased it and put on teflon tape on the cup threads and guess what,worse.Greased everything with anti-seize.Creakier. Put the old platinum pro BB back in and..creaky-squeaky.Reinstalled and greased the C-ring bolts. Creaky weaky.Did all of the above three more times..creakyness. greased the pedals where they screwed in..creaky, creak. Left it alone and rode. Creak !
    Maybe my crank arm splines are worn (original OEM stylo) Should I buy a new crankset? Raceface evolves are less than $100.

mtbr member

Idea! Could be a cracked frame

I was plagued with a similar problem a while back and messed around with my bottom bracket as well only to discover that my top tube was cracked right at the weld to the seat post!
    New Obama Creed: Change you can believe in TO Change what you believe in

mtbr member
    pedals its usually inside the pedal bearings.Which pedals you use now? Do you have other pedals? My Shimano 545's needed internal greasing once due to a hard to diagnose creak.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Stupid question...

Quote Originally Posted by Biopacebob
    I ride a 2002 Bianchi Superbee. Previously when I changed the BB the terrible creaking sound stopped, at least for awhile. This time I went with a Raceface freeride evlove and the creaking has just got worse. I took it out and greased it and put on teflon tape on the cup threads and guess what,worse.Greased everything with anti-seize.Creakier. Put the old platinum pro BB back in and..creaky-squeaky.Reinstalled and greased the C-ring bolts. Creaky weaky.Did all of the above three more times..creakyness. greased the pedals where they screwed in..creaky, creak. Left it alone and rode. Creak !
    Maybe my crank arm splines are worn (original OEM stylo) Should I buy a new crankset? Raceface evolves are less than $100.
    Does it creak when you get up out of saddle to pedal? Trying to make sure it is not saddle creaking in mounts.