Large wheels & one gear

Help with BB size?

Hope I have this thread in the right area. I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I am looking to put a new BB on my Kona Dawgmatic. Now when I looked at the size of the BB on the Kona website, it tells me that it is 68x110mm. When I look at BB's to buy they are all 68x113 or 118mm (road 108mm). What do I get? I have never replaced a BB before so this area is new to me. Also, I don't really need to replace it but I am wanting to change my cranks to Truvativ from Shimano XT, so I figured I might as well replace the BB. Is it nessisary (necessary,nesissary,necissary...How the $&^% do you spell that word!)?
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you're going to change cranks then wait and get the bb with the new cranks; bb's are crankset specific rather than bike specific for the most part (the 68 is the width of the bb shell on your bike, 110 would be spindle length). I'm not sure which version of the XT crank you have, but you might like to check out this link: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html#shimano
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Large wheels & one gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    If you're going to change cranks then wait and get the bb with the new cranks; bb's are crankset specific rather than bike specific for the most part (the 68 is the width of the bb shell on your bike, 110 would be spindle length). I'm not sure which version of the XT crank you have, but you might like to check out this link: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html#shimano

Thanks for the info on that. I wil check out the link tonight. Thanks again!