mtbr member
    May 2006

Headset for 2007 Specialized SWorks Carbon HT

I am turning to the forums for what should be a simple answer. I picked up a new 2007 sworks frame and I need to know from those who had a 2006/2007 carbon frame what headset it came with or what will work. (in 2008 they went to campy hiddenset standards 41.8).

I went to 3 different bike shops and they each contacted specialzed and got different answers from it takes a Cane Creek (41 mm od bearings) to it takes a 41.8 mm OD bearing to finally it takes a specialized mindset headset.

I have both a 41 mm and a 41.8 mm bearings and the 41 loosly fits inside but it sits too deeply inside the headtube and I must add a 3 mm spacer underneath the topcap. With the correct preload it should be fine, but I shouldn't need a 3mm spacer. The headtube ID using my calipers is something like 41.5 - 41.6 OD.

The 41.8 bearing looks like it will fit if I "pressfit" it into the headtube and it certainly isn't a slipfit which I was told it should be.

Any previous Sworks owners help and comments is much appreciated, this is the only thing holding me up from the build.

Thanks!

El Chepe

RIDE...
    No information on this? is this possible? Once the headset is not working the whole frame is crap???

Members who have read this thread: 0