mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Has anyone checked the price of the 06 XO RD?

Just browsing JensonUsa and noticed that an 05 XO goes for $149 and the "new and improved" 06 XO goes for $235!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - This is nuts. Wonder if it comes with extra carbon cages for when they snap in two from a stick encounter?
    I bike; therefore, I work

Its got what plants crave
    Just buy an X9. I used to run an XO until I destroyed it (any derr. would have failed under the circumstances) and I didn't feel like paying twice as much for a marginal gain in performance. The two are mechanically almost identical.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That's OK I don't have any interest in SRAM deurailleurs (I ride alot in forests- sticks, branches and SRAM deurailluers do not get along well together)- I just could not believe the 56% increase in price. The price increase is attributed to ???
    I bike; therefore, I work

Freshly Fujified

$235 for a derailleur?

Maybe I'm just crazy.....well, that goes without saying, but that's beside the point. Unless you have money to burn, $235 for a rear derailleur is just insane, IMO. I realize that some folks just have to have the latest bling, and in this sense I guess the cost is justified. I personally have a difficult time in seeing the value to this derailleur and it's associated cost...bling or no bling.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

No, that's not phonetic
    I just got an oem take-off X.7 from Jenson for $30. It looks identicle to my X.9s. Colors, materials, everything. Weird.

IF a der lasted for more than, say, 1.5-2 years, I think you would see a diff in the amount of slop it developed in the pivots and such. Beyond that, the only real functional difference would be in weight and poseur status. This is not the case in the shifters though. The X.7s have a lot more plastic in them.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by VT no 1 2 or 3
    Just browsing JensonUsa and noticed that an 05 XO goes for $149 and the "new and improved" 06 XO goes for $235!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - This is nuts. Wonder if it comes with extra carbon cages for when they snap in two from a stick encounter?
    For the last couple years, you could always find good deals on X.0 parts (ie twisties and derailleur combo for ~ $200). It appears SRAM is keeping it's dealers to stick close to their MSRP with the new X.0. Now having said that, I saw some medium & small cage X.0 06's for $149 on sale at a certain online bike parts store; but now they're back up to MSRP.

The 06's do look a whole lot better without the faux carbon fiber look.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Faller - Expert Class

Terrible!!!

I just checked blueskycycling.com, where I got my '06 X0 for $148.98, to find that now they have it for $235!!

Got lucky I guess. I just can't believe the price change in it though.

2006 Kona Leroi

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

mtbr member
    Yes, the x0 is $$$. The med cage looks cool, and does save grams[197g]. I have one and I like it, and I am not suggesting anyone buy it. No, you do not get extra composite x0 cages.

When the x0 is destroyed, I will probably give the x9 a try.

If folks here are really trying to save $, then here is one for less than 10 $.
    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

SRAM x3

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    I've pickled too many rear derailleurs to ever spend $149 for the '05 XO. I wouldn't even spend $235 for a rear der for my road bike where I can use the same one for 6 years, for crying out loud. What are they thinking? I'll stick to X9, thanks.

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

Want to vent?
    Just thank your lucky stars that Campy doesnt have a MTB group anymore or we would be F_ckd.....

their Record road rear der is what 400 dollars...???

-Boz
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

No, that's not phonetic
    I'm not upset by the X.0 prices. I mean, they could produce a $10,000 rear der and it's not like that would be any actual imposition on me since I would simply choose another, less expensive model. I can't afford a Ferrari but it's not like I'm pissed they exist. They obviously sell enough of them to warrant making them. Same with the $$$$$ X.0.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.