mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Gore low friction sealed cables

Using these on new build. Not long enough. Anyone know how to get some additional cable housing (derailluers)? I have emailed rideon@wlgore.com twice this week with no response. Their faq's section gives that address for requesting extra cable housing. Anyone had experience with this?
    If you're really honest about it, they're all "cheater lines".

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Sorry, I can't answer your specific question. But next time get the set for tandems.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Um. . . Yeah. I saw they sell that. But after I already cut mine. Anyone been able to get about an extra foot of cable housing from Gore?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Any luck getting a hold of Gore? My Grub seal tore on my new set of cables. The instructions that came with the set didnt address the issue with the Sram X.9 X.0 rear der so I installed them "wrong". My rear der pinch my grub seal cutting it down the seam. I have been trying to contact Gore for the past three weeks to see about getting a new liner and Grub seal but they have not replied to me. I even try contacting their European division. Maybe they are going bankrupt? Doesn't make sense that they are not responding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

took a while

It was about three weeks before I received a return email. I called them also. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I guess this is just a really small part of their product line. I dunno. They were great, tho. Sent me several feet of the cable I needed. I had already found another source, but . . . I hope you'll hear from them soon. I sure wish they would put a few extra bits in their kits for those of use who don't always get things 100% on the first try.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA
    Any luck getting a hold of Gore? My Grub seal tore on my new set of cables. The instructions that came with the set didnt address the issue with the Sram X.9 X.0 rear der so I installed them "wrong". My rear der pinch my grub seal cutting it down the seam. I have been trying to contact Gore for the past three weeks to see about getting a new liner and Grub seal but they have not replied to me. I even try contacting their European division. Maybe they are going bankrupt? Doesn't make sense that they are not responding.

e-mail them and call, they should respond. Have had them on my bike or over a year and have been fantastic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    e-mail them and call, they should respond. Have had them on my bike or over a year and have been fantastic.
    Do you happen to know their phone number? All I can find is a mailing address and e-mail,

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA
    Do you happen to know their phone number? All I can find is a mailing address and e-mail,
    410-506-8466

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by customfab
    410-506-8466
    Thank you!