Thread: goodridge hose

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

goodridge hose

any advice or feedback on them?

thinking of getting them for my Shimano brake(it's 2008 XT)

thanks

wyrd bi ful rd
    have used them for about 1 year now and they work fine ...

20080322 goodridge hose collar n connector on shimano lever MTBR FORUM.jpg

20080726 M775 brake caliper & goodridge hose MTBR FORUM.jpg

the fittings are goodridge as well ... hose collar & connector male insert

20071106 goodridge hose collar n connector male insert MTBR FORUM.jpg

goodridge hose are about 5.8g for every 10cm whilst the original shimano hose are only 1.8g per 10cm. quite a bit of difference but you can always make that up by keeping yourself up to scratch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    how's performance wise?big different from the original?

Neg reppers r my biatches
    they are expensive....definitely do NOT expect a difference in performance to matter worth a sh!t on the trail, it wont...but they look kewl. so, if you have the money and like the way they look then by all means otherwise, dont waste your money

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    they are expensive....definitely do NOT expect a difference in performance to matter worth a sh!t on the trail, it wont...but they look kewl. so, if you have the money and like the way they look then by all means otherwise, dont waste your money
    thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by bapesta
    thanks for the advice!
    no worries...there are a couple exceptions where I think its a no brainer to get stainless/braided hoses and that is when you order Hope brakes where if you spec stainless up front, it is a very nominal upcharge as compared to doing it after the fact where its a good $100+

having said the above...they are a must have if you obsess about aesthetics and in fact, one must also get matching stainless shifter cables (eg, Clark) for the complete ensemble to look truly badazz at the trailhead!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    no worries...there are a couple exceptions where I think its a no brainer to get stainless/braided hoses and that is when you order Hope brakes where if you spec stainless up front, it is a very nominal upcharge as compared to doing it after the fact where its a good $100+

having said the above...they are a must have if you obsess about aesthetics and in fact, one must also get matching stainless shifter cables (eg, Clark) for the complete ensemble to look truly badazz at the trailhead!
    cool...so,mainly just for the looks,yea?

wyrd bi ful rd
    whatever difference there is ... it will not make much of a difference if you were to go with standard hose ... i had a good deal with the calipers and levers as separates and so decided to go with steel braided ...since i had to bleed the system anyway and it was something I wanted ...

performance wise it will be better if you were to go with larger rotors ... big big difference ...

Quote Originally Posted by bapesta
    cool...so,mainly just for the looks,yea?
    yep...though looks are not to be taken lightly as i value form over function anyway

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    ok cool...thanks.....

≈ > ♥
    ^

It's worth it to upgrade to stainless lines if you do DH, or crash a lot.
    These lines will last through hits that'll destroy most other stock lines. You won't have to worry about bends or pinches.

And for those poofters that value looks above all else, they now come in colours.