mtbr member

Good use from Deore steel 32, was $12

Last year I tried steel Deore middle rings, 32 in a 4 bolt pattern on 2 bikes. I got it from Bikeman for then $12, its now $15. Its ramped and pinned, I think I'll use it again as it seems to have worn less than aluminum rings (RF,XT) I've used. I dont have any chainsuck (Jekyll and a hardtail), though the second chains stretching. Wondering if anyones got anything to add.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedaler845
    Last year I tried steel Deore middle rings, 32 in a 4 bolt pattern on 2 bikes. I got it from Bikeman for then $12, its now $15. Its ramped and pinned, I think I'll use it again as it seems to have worn less than aluminum rings (RF,XT) I've used. I dont have any chainsuck (Jekyll and a hardtail), though the second chains stretching. Wondering if anyones got anything to add.
    the deore rings are the best bang for the buck, and should last lots longer than the xt/raceface/just about any alu rings.
    just make sure to keep on top of chain wear, toss 'em when they get close to 1/16" stretch in 12 links. I keep a couple around and rotate 'em to get more use out of the drivetrain.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]