mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Ghetto Take off of xx1 idea

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has, is planning to get an after market chain ring for xx1 and run it with a clutch derailleur and 10/11 speed cassette.

Just wondering as it seams that after market people are announcing rings so why not use existing cranks and cassette etc and just upgrade the ring/chain?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by southernkiwi View Post
    Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has, is planning to get an after market chain ring for xx1 and run it with a clutch derailleur and 10/11 speed cassette.

Just wondering as it seams that after market people are announcing rings so why not use existing cranks and cassette etc and just upgrade the ring/chain?
    I'm looking to do this on my next build. I have an XX1 build and I want something "ghetto" to compare it to.

You might enjoy this article:
    Why do we need or want aftermarket XX1 chainrings?
    Photos from mountain biking in Nepal:
    bideshibiker.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Just spent 20 miles on my ghetto XX1 and would not go back to a front derailleur. Love it

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    There are a half dozen at least, if not more, companies coming out with clone chain-rings to use with your existing drive-train. Some are already out there now, some are in proto form. Some have been prototyped and are in production, just not up to speed for purchase yet.

Early reports on their performance are pretty good sounding.

Once the rings to fit my prefered crank setups are available (they are supposedly in the works...) I'll be trying them.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper