mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Gamut Race Ring with XT cranks

I've decided to go to a 1x9 setup on my AM bike using a Gamut Race Ring, e.13 XCX, and M770 crankset. However, the Race Ring didn't come with any spacers or new chainring bolts. Does anyone know what size spacers to use for this configuration? Or am I better off with shorter chainring bolts? My only previous experience with a 1x9 was setting up my DH bike and that chainring (e.13 Guidering) came with spacers.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    you should use standard chainring bolts that go through both the chainring and the bash guard. its basically another chaingring with no teeth.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    you should use standard chainring bolts that go through both the chainring and the bash guard. its basically another chaingring with no teeth.
    Sorry, my question might not have been clear. I'm not running a bashguard...just going from a three ring setup to a single ring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ohh sorry. my bad. then you just need to get single ring crank bolts. easy and cheap and almost any lbs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    ohh sorry. my bad. then you just need to get single ring crank bolts. easy and cheap and almost any lbs.
    Thanks, that is probably the easiest solution.