mtbr member
    Jun 2009

FUJI DSR 1.0 with SRAM XX?

Greetings all,

I've recently purchased a FUJI DSR 1.0 frame and I'm looking to put SRAM's XX on it. I've seen that XX has to have a certain frame spec but can't really decipher whether it will work on this frame or not.

Does anyone know, specifically to the front derailleur, if this will work. And if yes, which front derailleur to go with?

Thanks to everyone for there help!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Firstly, does this frame come as any form of built-up bike? You should be able to check the spec of the FD from that....at least a model number and (looking at a pic too) whether or not it needs to be low clamp or high clamp. If it is a carbon frame, the odds are it is a 34.9 clamp as that is most common. XX are made in the most versions of any FD on the market, so I don't doubt there will be one for that frame.

The frame spec most commonly an issue with XX is the width of the stays (only a problem with dual suspension bikes) and the narrow Q-factor (pedal stance) version of the cranks. I know some brands have info on the website as to narrow XX crank compatiility....have you checked the manufacturer website, or followed links to a major dealer to see if they have this info (or bikes built with XX for sale).
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Front derailleur is 34.9 top pull high clamp.
    for cranks I'd go with the wider one's to be safe.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    RAD guys, thanks for the info. I know what to do now.