uhhhhhyea

FSA Platinum or Platinum pro BB?

So I'm trying to get together a list of things i need to buy to swap my parts over to my new frame. Old frame is a 73 MM BB shell width, new is 68. Now, I know I've got either an FSA Platinum OR Platinum PRO ISIS BB in there... trouble is, can't remember which.

This is significant because apparently there are 2 different sizes for the platinum pro, but the "regular" platinum is "universal" (i'm assuming because what size you use is determined by using a spacer or not). Can anyone help me out with identification? Looks like the outside cups have are blue on both sides with a white "FSA" printed on the drive side... would have been last years model. Google image search is no help at all so far. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    take your cranks off and look at the spindle, if its gold, its the pro model.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    For both models, the difference between 68/73mm is in the cups.

Here is a general rundown, but the colors HAVE occasionally changed over the years.

Silver cups work with 68mm, Black with 73mm.

Blue cups came primarily on the Track model, with no lip on the driveside cup, allowing for more precise chainline adjustment. Strange that your cups are blue...

What kind of bike/drivetrain is this from?

JMH

uhhhhhyea
    Thanks for the responses, I'll take off the cranks and have a look tonight. I'll post pics because while i'm PRETTY sure it was a platinum / plat. pro, theres a chance they could have installed something else (had my LBS install the cranks and BB)

I hope I'm using the right term here when i say cups, but either way it's the part I can see physically on the edge of the BB shell.

I'm going from a fisher advance HT, to an Ibex Atlas frame, w/ Raceface Evolve DH cranks. Im hoping to keep the cranks, as they're super strong (im 210) and ultra stiff, but I a do have an old set of LX cranks laying around... but not sure how I feel about silver cranks on a pretty much all black frame!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the original bike was a custom build
    Last edited by lpranal; 03-13-2008 at 01:35 PM.