mtbr member
    May 2004

FSA K-Force Light Cranks and King BB

Anyone running the Chris King BB with 2007 FSA K-Force Light Cranks? Any issues running this combo? I'm currently running the orginal cermic BB that came with it and it is starting to make clicking noise and has a little play. These cranks are on my Ibis Mojo which I don't ride more than once a week as I use it for longer trail ride. I'm kinda disappointed in the crank itself as seems to keep loosing up. I weigh 200lbs geared up and run isis and shimano cranks on my other bikes with alot less hassles.

Church of the Wheel
    Have you done any routine maintenance on your BB? Everything wears out with time and needs attention.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yes. On regular basis everytime it comes loose, even with the proper amount of blue treadlocker on the crank bolt. The cups don't seem to loosen up though still tight when I check them. I've read a post where someone was running an XTR bb. I think I ride a little to aggressively for the pricey,lightweight ceramic bb. Thinking about switching to XT or SLX(running on my RFX,no probs) an running the King or Hope BB with it, Since the warranty has expired on the K-Force,

Church of the Wheel
    Are you using the amber Loctite 641 "Assembly Compound" (not thread locker) that FSA specifies every time you reassemble the cranks? It's hard to impossible to find in hardware stores, but FSA will send it to you for free if you contact them.
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers