mtbr member
    May 2004

front sram shifter, click 3 times? or more?

I just installed a pair of sram rocket shifters. Is the front shifter suppose to only click 3 times or more? It makes sense to just move from 1 to 2 to 3 to move from the largest crank ratio to the smallest but mine clicks 8 times to move through all 3 numbers.. is mine faulty?

thanks
    Kelvin

BLS439
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin
    I just installed a pair of sram rocket shifters. Is the front shifter suppose to only click 3 times or more? It makes sense to just move from 1 to 2 to 3 to move from the largest crank ratio to the smallest but mine clicks 8 times to move through all 3 numbers.. is mine faulty?

thanks
    Kelvin
    This is probably not the best answer but from what I recall, it shifts more than 3 times for the front shifter. I am not sure if it shifts 8 times but definitely more than 3. It should have several clicks between gears that do move the front derailleur a small distance kind of like micro adjustments to stop rubbing, etc.

It has been over a year since I had rockets on my blur. I actually really liked those shifters but wore them out in a few seasons.

--BLS439

rr
    I don't do PC

thanks
    Kelvin
    No worries, it's supposed to do that. It's actually a benefit, it allows for micro adj's so there is no chain rub on the der. like with shitmano shifters.

meh....

thanks
    Kelvin
    Normal. After a while you'll count the clicks between shifts and won't have to look at the chainwheels or indicator, if you do at all anyway.

Monte

mtbr member
    May 2004

i see

Thanks lots guys.....