mtbr member
    Jan 2004

External BB w/best seals

I'm coming kind of late to the whole external BB thing. I'm curious which of the major players seem to have the best sealed bb offerings?
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

One Gear
    Enduro Best bearings and seals on the market. King might be a contender, but I don't have any experience with them. I have 3 bikes with the Enduro's and I've been happy for years.

Good luck

fuggansonofahowa
    Quote Originally Posted by .40AET
    Enduro Best bearings and seals on the market. King might be a contender, but I don't have any experience with them. I have 3 bikes with the Enduro's and I've been happy for years.

Good luck
    That's good to hear, I've been entertaining going with the Enduro Truvativ GXP BB soon. Double seals and ceramic bearings would bring years of pleasure. I think I have another season on the stock, but will pull the trigger soon.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by .40AET

Good luck

Yup the Enduro cup and external seal works the best....that I have tried so far.

However there bearings are equal to many other bearings out there as far as I can tell....

Then again the Enduro bearings always seem to cost a little less than the other ones....

So Enduro

One Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawseman
    That's good to hear, I've been entertaining going with the Enduro Truvativ GXP BB soon. Double seals and ceramic bearings would bring years of pleasure. I think I have another season on the stock, but will pull the trigger soon.
    Pick up a tube of the Web Grease when you order. It's super sticky and stays packed in place to protect the bearings under the seal. Lots of other good parts to use it on too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Enduros are great but Kings are well...the King

Esp. if you buy the bearing greasing tool with the BB. You have a BB that will last the life of the bike! The End.
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Enduro, FTW. Made in the USA too!