mtbr member
    Oct 2005

European shop for SRAM spare part

Hello,

I'm looking for a SRAM spare part for my rear deraileur. I have contacted 3 shops so far, including one SRAM dealer, but none is willing to order the part (Reactions range from "I will likely never receive anything. If I receive something, it will likely be the wrong part" to no reaction).

Can you recommend a shop that might offer some help ? (BTW: I need more biking goods, not just this cheap one.) I'm located in Belgium, near Luxemburg. Of course web shops are an option, preferably european ones. When I'll get the part, I'll publlish the winner shop here ;-).

Have a good day
    TousAVelo

The spare part is 00.0000.200.621. It is a so-called "cable anchor bolt". Actually, it's not a bolt but a washer plus a nut. This reference has been used on a lot of rear derailleur (5.0, 7.0, 9.0, X-7) until 2005 (possibly even 2006). The reference is still listed in 2006 Spart Parts Catalog. The part might also be included in the 2006 new 00.0000.200.900 "Screw/Bolt Kit". The nut is pretty standard but the washer has a very specific shape. I have actually lost the part when playing mechanic in the garden over the grass :-/

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

SRAM service

Hello,

Update on my own thread.

No web shop did react on the first email. However, they all reacted to the second one, albeit slowly. The best was mtbikers.com with a good price and an excellent suggestion for an alternative.

As the answers came slowly, I had contacted SRAM Europe in the meantime. Guess what, they eventually sent me the part, free of charge. GREAT service.

Thanks SRAM.

Cheers
    Olivier