Group Hug Participant

Economy isis cranks

I've narrowed my decision down to 3 cranks:
    1. Truvativ Holzfeller Crankset 22/32/Bash 818 g
    2. FSA V-Drive Xtreme Crankset 22/32/Bash 750 g
    3. Race Face Evolve DH Crankset 22/32/Bash 1207 g

$89.00 each, to replace a Race Face Prodigy xc crankset. The cranks will go on a new Race Face Evolve FR 113mm Bottom Bracket.

I'd look at something other than ISIS, however I just replaced the BB, and now the crank arm splines are bad.

My riding style is primarily XC, with some light FR, and am constantly bashing on roots/rocks/logs.

Any suggestions on either of these cranks?
    Thanks!
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

Freshly Fujified

Holzfellers

Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    I've narrowed my decision down to 3 cranks:
    1. Truvativ Holzfeller Crankset 22/32/Bash 818 g
    2. FSA V-Drive Xtreme Crankset 22/32/Bash 750 g
    3. Race Face Evolve DH Crankset 22/32/Bash 1207 g

Any suggestions on either of these cranks?
    Thanks!
    I have a set of Holzfeller triples, and contrary to all the complaints people have had about ISIS, I have yet to run into an issue. Very light and strong. I don't have any experience with the FSA or Race Face products, so I can't speak with any authority.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Group Hug Participant

1 vote for Holzfeller

Thanks Clyde. This is good to know. I've been running ISIS on my bike since day 1, unaware of the issues (until lately). Sure isn't much on the market (as far as selection) for ISIS cranks right now. I'd buy another set of cheap R Face Prodigy xc cranks if I could, (unavailable) since I'm saving for a new bike. Anyhow....

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    Thanks Clyde. This is good to know. I've been running ISIS on my bike since day 1, unaware of the issues (until lately). Sure isn't much on the market (as far as selection) for ISIS cranks right now. I'd buy another set of cheap R Face Prodigy xc cranks if I could, (unavailable) since I'm saving for a new bike. Anyhow....
    I have some truvative Stylo Team ISIS cranks you can have on the cheap. They are stiff strong and light. They are used tho. PM me if interested and I will provide details.

Mr. P

Group Hug Participant

Thanks for the offer.

I think I'm going with the Truvativ Holzfellers. Seems like a good ISIS BB crank at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    I have some truvative Stylo Team ISIS cranks you can have on the cheap. They are stiff strong and light. They are used tho. PM me if interested and I will provide details.

Mr. P