Getting back into it...

e13 DRS installation problems

I recently purchased an e13 DRS to mount on my bike. I have a TruVativ 22/32 Hussefelt chainring/crank setup and TruVativ GigaPipe 113mm BB. My frame has the ISCG mounts, so I used the 3 tapered allen bolts to mount the main plate to the frame and under my BB lockring. When I put the right crank back on (with the chainrings), the bolts holding on my granny gear catch on the heads of the three allen bolts holding the main plate onto the frame. I'm not sure what the problem is. I do notice that the 3 allen bolts don't sit flush into the countersunk holes of the main plate (if they did I wouldn't have a problem.) I'm thinking that maybe my BB is too short now with the plate installed- can anyone confirm this? Or did I install something bass-ackwards? (the instructions leave a lot to be desired) If it's a case where I need a longer BB, I'm gonna buy some different bolts that screw in from the backsides of the ISCG screw holes and just have a small pin end that keeps the main plate in proper alignment...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Spacer

Quote Originally Posted by ryanc44
    My frame has the ISCG mounts, so I used the 3 tapered allen bolts to mount the main plate to the frame and under my BB lockring
    on an ISCG mount device it should sit clear of the BB shell (have a bigger hole).

But to the point in hand, just put a small spacer (whatever it takes to clear the bolts) between the BB lockring and whatever it is tightening up on.