offroader
    Dec 2008

Dupont Teflon Self Cleaning Dry Chain Saver Lubricant

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Three things to avoid discussing in polite company: religion, politics and chain lubes.

I won't comment either way as to the quality of a competitors product, except to say we have different priorities as to how best to lube a chain.

The only thing I'll say is that there's a large range of opinion on the topic, with people extemely convinced that their way is right. The best thing you can do is read the literature and if it makes sense to you, try it. Fortunately chain lubes aren't a big investment, so if you don't like one, you aren't out much dough.
    fb
    www.chain-L.com

The key to solving any problem is to understand and address the underlying cause.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava
    I've never seen that particular version before, but I use this version from Lowe's. It is basically identical to the Finish Line Dry Lube that costs twice as much and is made under license from DuPont. Both are available in a liquid version as well.

Like FBinNYsaid, lubes are definitely personal preference. But I can share my experience with this product:
    -It's cheap and 1 can lasts a very long time.
    -Created less gunk in my drivetrain than White Lightning did
    -Only attracts a minimal amount of dust (we have a lot of dust in the summer here) which can easily be wiped off between rides without having to relube
    -Lasts a good # of miles

Give it a shot and see if you like it. If you don't then move on.