mtbr member

dual control vs. xo

I am sick of the shifting probs i have been having with my dual control levers. Wondering about sram xo drivetrain anyone have any comments.

the catalan connection
    which problems?
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

Trail rider and racer
    Whilst I swear XO is brilliant, it would be an injustice to saw XTR dual shifters are by any means poor. if you are having shifting issues, I think you should look into having them tuned up or looked at because they are reliable.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    by problems i am just refering to how finicky they are. my other bike still has the shifter pods on it and not nearly as hight maintenance as the dual control. Granted it is just the rear and combine that with the xtr derailer, it seems after evry other dide on that bike the shifting starts to go to crap. So i am back in the shop again. I am just wondering if the xo requires the same close attention.

Chrome Toaster
    There is no significant mechanical difference between the shifter pods or the DC's. They share the same mechanical guts. Only difference is how you interface with them. They are not working because they are not being setup correctly at some point along the line. If they can't figure out how to set up something correctly on that bike you will very likely run into the same problem no matter what you install.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecubus
    There is no significant mechanical difference between the shifter pods or the DC's. They share the same mechanical guts. Only difference is how you interface with them. They are not working because they are not being setup correctly at some point along the line. If they can't figure out how to set up something correctly on that bike you will very likely run into the same problem no matter what you install.

well it is the lbs then that can not set them up. They do work on all my bikes and the one with older model pods does not go into the shop nearly as much as the new bike.