getting back into it
    Sep 2008

DT Swiss 240s SS 2x5 (for my KM - pics up)

Here's some pics of a un-stickered DT Swiss 240s 135mm SS center lock bolt on rear hub I picked up to turn my Karate Monkey into a 2x5 or 2x6. Not sure if I'll be able to fit a 6 on there, but I'll give it a whirl after a while. Using the gears only on the spider from a m770 11-32t cassette, as I'm pretty sure the DT Swiss has an aluminum freehub. The spider has not been machined down on the back side at all. The spider sticks out just a little beyond the freehub. There seems to be alot of space on the backside between the spider / gears and the flange of the wheel. Will be building out this wheelset this next week, so we'll see how much can be machined down then.

Middleburn Duo 27/40 will be on the other end of the 2x.

So this right now is an 18-32t spider (cassette). I believe the 11-34t cassette will give me a 17-34t spider with 6 cogs, if I can machine it down enough to fit.

freehub ...

center lock ...

no machining on the back side of the spider (yet) ...

The center lock / 6-bolt adapter is pretty cool ...
    Last edited by tedsalt; 03-14-2010 at 07:50 AM.

meh....
    cool. get it built up and you'll see how much you can take off the back of the carrier to get the big cog closer to the spokes like normal. might be able to add a cog or 2.