mtbr member

Drivetrain friction on 2x9 29er setup - Need helps !

Hi. I'm new at 29er and just finished building my first 29er a few days ago. I'm using a Middleburn Duo crankset with RS8 175mm arms on 29T/44T rings. The cassette is Recon Ti superlight 11/32T and KMC XL10SL chain.Frame is Lynskey Pro29 houseblend size 18.Wheelset Stan's Arch / DT supercomp spokes /CKing hub. Bottom bracket: FSA Pro Platinum ISIS 113mm.

My problem is: the drivetrain seems to have a lot of friction. When I try to spin the crankarms backward, it doesn't spin freely. In fact as soon as I let go the arms stop. I checked the chain tension and it seemed ok, not too tight (installed the chain in accordance with Shimano 2-link reccomendation). But when I took off the chain (just to try) and spinned the arms unconnected to the chain, it seemed to spin a lot more freely. Don't think there's a whole lot of resistance when pedalling forward though (or maybe I just didnt detect it).

I'm clueless as to whatI'm facing here. Would it be an incorrect chainline, or something elses wrong here? Greatly appeciate any helps.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Forgot to mention, I replaced jockey wheels (upper & lower) on the rear derailleur with the KCNC Ceramic bearing wheels. Could this be the problem? Anyone has used and experienced with these wheels?